Day 25 – Wednesday June 2











Today I meet with the Director of Culture for the City of Campos. Marcele went along as my interpreter and boy was I glad she was there. He did not know any English and well I do not know any Portuguese. He seemed very passionate about his work and the cultural history of Campos. He was very excited about new projects and frustrated over projects he wanted to do but couldn’t. He shared with me 2 books on Campos and a CD of Samba music from who brought the samba to Campos. During the tour of the building gave me a platter made by one of the clay pottery students. I thought it was pretty cool and hope I can get back home without breaking it. Also during the tour we came across a reporter who interviewed me about my visit. I am famous you know. TV shows, newspaper articles, hanging out with famous an actress, what’s next? From there it was off to lunch and to meet back up with the group. Them it was off to a recreation center. I tried to find the director or programmer, but they all seemed to be off for the day. The tour was nice and so was the facility. They offered many different sports and activities to a large range of ages. We were asked to have our pictures taken with the gymnastics group and being the good celebrities that we are, click away. Our last stop was at a school operated by one of our host families. They did some very neat dance routines for us and even greeted us in the streets with a band. Very cool! I love the excitement on the kids’ faces when we walk into their school. They seem so happy to have us and really enjoyed showing us their dance. Tonight is my last night with Andre, Marcelle & Yasmin. Tomorrow night I will stay with Nicole and her host family. So, I will enjoy the night with my family and will see you all soon. See Ya, See Ya!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment